Sunday, January 15, 2012

Just Me, Being Me

I've recently seen some bloggers revamping their "About Me" sections or writing posts letting you know a little more about them. I decided to go ahead and throw one of these posts on here because I know a lot of you who read my blog don't know me in real life. Those who do, well you probably know most of this so just play along :) How about 30 random things about me in no particular order...

1. I bite my lips horribly until they have huge spots on them. I hate this habit.
2. I am the oldest of technically 5. I have a stepsister, 2 half sisters, and a brother. You can't even imagine my family tree.
3. Teen Mom has become a guilty pleasure of mine. Oh the shame...
4. I wash my face and take my eye makeup off every single night before bed without fail no matter what.
5. I was tanorexic in my early 20's. A habit I have since remedied and am now obsessed with sunscreen and hats.
6. I am watching the Golden Globe red carpet right now. I adore these shows.
7. I want to be friends with Zooey Deschanel. How fun does she seem??
8. I can make almost any baked good perfectly and make some mean meals but I always struggle with making rice. What is up with that?
9. I have a BS in Advertising/PR but was originally a Psychology major. Wish I would have stuck with that.
10. I got chicken pox the night of my first grade program in which I was to sing a solo - Zip-a-dee doo-da and I BEGGED my mother to let me go. She didn't. I think this was the start of my childhoold demise. HA
11. I am a total neat freak though looking at my room in high school you would never think this could happen.
12. I have been friends with my best friend for coming up on 26 years. We met in kindergarten and the rest has been history. We could write SEVERAL books I'm sure.
13. I went to rehab in Nashville, Tennessee and adore going back there as an alumni.
14. I LOVE sparkly things. If you look in my closet the majority of my shoes, clothes, hats, etc. have some sort of bling on them. I will never outgrow this.
15. I ran cross country all 4 years of high school and received the MVP award 3 of those 4 years.
16. I wear onion goggles when I chop onions. Look them up - they are for real and necessary.
17. I can watch Knocked Up and Forgetting Sarah Marshall over and over again.
18. I love sending REAL mail. Letters, cards, thank you notes, packages - anything.
19. I used to take voice lessons and play the piano.
20. Since rehab I have become addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper. Could be worse I suppose.
21. I have always had an obsession with the Royal Family. When I was a child I was just sure that I would one day marry Prince William. HA
22. I had braces in high school
23. I faint very easily and have "white coat syndrome". I've passed out at the gynecologist, family doctor, chiropractor, orthodontist, home, school - you name it.
24. I absolutely hate scary movies. I hide my eyes or change the channel anytime a preview even comes on. I'm a wuss.
25. I have a bracelet that says "I kiss my bulldog on the lips." And I do. HA
26. I can't stand to wear high heels. I used to live in them.
27. I never wanted to have kids. I still do not want to have biological children and I'm 30. Two stepchildren and being legal guardian of my little sister is good enough for me!
28. My father died at age 45 when I was just 22 years old.
29. I still have all 4 of my grandparents living. Pretty rare for a 30 year old!
30. I get extremely motion sick even in the front seat of a car sometimes. Super annoying.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, thanks for sharing your list of April nuggets! It is a fun and very interesting read and certainly shed more light on who your persona.

    I believe you are a very beautiful and a very good person. Am so happy you managed to escape alcohol and am also glad to have found you here and that you are sober. A great inspiration to me and surely to so many other recovering alcoholics.

    Take care April dearest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love #16, ha! I first heard of them a couple years back and thought they were a joke. Earlier this week I was chopping red onions and thinking "I don't care if they are a joke...I need a pair."

    Love this list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen - I am telling you = those things are a godsend! HAHA I love them!

    ReplyDelete