Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm a Bookworm: A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown

Here is something you may not know about me - I'm a bookworm. I have ALWAYS been a bookworm. I learned to read very young and truly enjoyed it. I used to save my allowance for books when I was little. Still to this day one of my favorite places to be is in a bookstore. I especially love a good used bookstore - the smell of old musty books is intoxicating to me in a good way. I've read some really great books lately so I want to start sharing those on this blog. I like all types of books so you never know what I might come up with on here!


Yes, the author's name is Cupcake Brown. You will understand once you read the book. Don't let this book cover full you into thinking this is some bubbly fun chick-lit book. This is a memoir and it is so incredibly REAL and honest. There are a lot of heavy subjects covered in this book. Just take a look at an excerpt from the back:


"There are shelves of memoirs about overcoming the death of a parent, childhood abuse, rape, drug addiction, miscarriage, alcoholism, hustling, gangbanging, near-death injuries, drug dealing, prostitution, or homelessness.


Cupcake Brown survived all these things before she’d even turned twenty.


And that’s when things got interesting…."


This is honestly one of the best books I have read in a really long time. To hear her story and how successful she is now is incredible. Go get this. NOW.

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent idea, to share great books that you've read! I am sure it will be very much appreciated, and I have now put the book by Cupcake Brown on my list of books to read. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete