Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!

I have always, always loved Christmas. I love decorating, wrapping gifts, baking goodies, Christmas services at church...pretty much everything involved. When I was little we would drive around looking at Christmas lights and I couldn't wait to see them and look in the sky for Santa and his sleigh! Now that I'm "grown up" (or something like that...) I have my own family, my own house to decorate, and my own kids to start holiday traditions with. Last weekend we decorated our house and it was extra fun this year because a) I'm sober and b) we are in a new house this year! To say I go slightly overboard at Christmas...well....take a look...

Rocko just wants to come outside and help us hang the lights....

Front porch all ready for Santa!

My husband is a University of Kentucky grad so we had to have a UK themed tree


This is my candy and sweets themed tree. I have always wanted one of these since I was little and now I finally have one :) Sheridan loves helping me with this one


This is our big family tree. Every ornament on this tree has a story behind it. Some are older than I am. My ornaments are some of my most prized posessions. When our house burnt these boxes were far enough in the attic to survive. Thank God. Every year I buy everyone a new ornament and that is the first ornament that goes on the tree. Someday when the kids have their own trees they can take these ornaments with them and be reminded of our tradition.

And the newest addition to our decor this year....a leg lamp! No Christmas is complete to me without The Christmas Story. I used to watch it so much that my Granny hid it from me so she wouldn't have to watch it anymore. So now I have a little bit of it in my own house. HA


I'm so thankful this Christmas to have everything that I have. I think it might just be the best one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment