Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bake-a-Palooza rounds 2 and 3!

Have I mentioned how much I love baking? Especially around the holidays? It calms me. That might sound strange to some people but I get so caught up in the baking and making everything look pretty that everything else in my mind just fades away. Today completed round #3. I still have one more round to take care of since we are doing some family stuff the week after Christmas this year. If only someone would come clean up after me!

Round #2

So to call this a "round" might be kind of odd since it's really only one thing. BUT, considering this is a two day project, I'm calling it a round. Okay? Thanks. HA

I made these sugar cookies for Christmas at my Grandma's house. This is my best friend's sugar cookie recipe which is legendary around here. This is a two day process but I love doing them! They taste good and they are so pretty!
Round #3



Round 3 was a bit more intensive. My husband asked me to bake tins full of goodies for some of his coworkers and I also wanted to make some for our neighbors. I have so many recipes that I love, it's hard to narrow down what to make. I figure I have enough baking to do that I can get it all in one way or the other!

In the tins that I made today there were some of the same things that I made last week - snickerdoodles, red velvet cake balls, hard candy (mint this time!) and peanut brittle. In addition to those things I made:

White Chocolate topped Gingerbread Cookies - These are SO good fresh out of the oven! So soft and just the right amount of both white chocolate and gingerbread flavor. I made these pretty small and they made a lot. Definitely adding this to my yearly Christmas goody list!

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies - I've made these before and they are kind of a pain but so worth it. They taste so good and they are so pretty when finished. That Martha Stewart sure knows what's up!

Puppy Chow - What can you say about puppy chow? Super easy, super yummy, and everyone loves it. Any questions?

Peppermint Bark - I will probably double this recipe next time. I just made mine into a sheet of bark instead of the cool snowflakes shown on the site where I found the recipe. I didn't buy molds in time but next year I will!

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! Cookie cookie cookie! Can you share the royal icing recipe you use to decorate your sugar cookies? Peas and thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the recipe that I use - it's posted a little ways down on the page. It's my favorite and I've tried a bunch of them!

    http://sweetopia.net/2009/06/cookie-decorating-tutorial-general-tips-butterfly-cookies/

    ReplyDelete