Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bake-a-palooza 2011 has begun!

I have always loved to bake. My mom and I used to always get together and bake at Christmas - some years we went crazier with it than others to say the least. Last year I didn't do much baking. For one, we were in a condo because our house had just burnt down a month prior to Christmas. And two, I'm sure I was too busy going out and drinking to worry about such things. So happy that this year I actually care about all of those things that I once upon a time loved doing!

So yesterday began....Bake-a-palooza 2011! I love giving baked goods as gifts. I'm not working this year, BUT I am still friends with a lot of people from the place where I worked for 7 years. They always LOVED when I would bring in bags of goodies at Christmas so I decided to bake for them this year. I baked all day yesterday and delivered them today - hope they enjoy!!! I have quite a few more days ahead of me baking so stay tuned for more!


(Pictures from my kitchen)
Here is the rundown from day 1 of baking (click on the name to link to the recipe)

Peanut Brittle (bottom left picture)
I've made this peanut brittle for years and it turns out perfect every time. Make sure you make friends with your candy thermometer and don't try to multi task with this one. It needs your love the entire time!


Cinnamon hard candy (top left picture)
Again, make friends with the candy thermometer on this one. You can make it whatever flavor you want! I only did cinnamon this time but have the stuff for both mint and root beer!

Simply Sinful Cinnamon Muffins
This was the first time I have made these muffins and oh my goodness am I glad that I did. I didn't have rolled oats so just used regular Quaker oats and it was fine. I used butterscotch chips which I think gave them great flavor. I'll be making these again for sure!

Chocolate and Toffee Bars (bottom right picture)
I made these a couple of years back and forgot to put them on my blog so I've been looking forever for the recipe! I finally found it! These are so rich so I cut them into pretty small pieces most of the time. Delicious!

Candy Cane Blossoms(top right picture)
These are just a cute, simple, and festive looking sugar cookie for the holidays. I think the kids would love doing these!

Snickerdoodles
This is my go-to snickerdoodle recipe. I always use this one and people love them. Perfect every time!

Red Velvet Cake Balls (below)
This was the first time I've made these little balls of yummy goodness. Dipping anything in chocolate is a pain in the rear but man these are good. I especially like them straight out of the refrigerator. This recipe makes a BUNCH. I am freezing half of them to use in some gift boxes this weekend.


(Pictures from my kitchen)


Tomorrow and Friday I'll be baking for Christmas at my Grandma's this weekend, for neighbors and for a group of friends I'll be hanging out with Thursday night. I think everyone thinks I'm nuts but I love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment