Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hurts So Good

Holy cow. So I started p90x yesterday. I had forgotten how hard that workout really is! Yesterday was chest/back + ab ripper. 90 minutes of pure pain. HA It was awesome though to be doing some exercise again. I'm so motivated to stick to this to hopefully see awesome results by beginning of summer. I went to the grocery store on Sunday and bought a whole boatload of healthy foods also. I know that diet is HUGE in looking great so I'll do it even if I'd rather have my Diet Dr. Pepper and chocolate chip cookie dough. Instead yesterday I had things like egg whites, grilled chicken salad, string cheese and almonds. Not so bad in all honesty....just a change.

Today I woke up and WOW am I am sore!!! My upper body feels like I've been in a car accident! It hurts to pick up things to move in certain ways....but it hurts so good. I haven't had this feeling in a long time and honestly I missed it. I love how it feels to workout and get in shape. Yes, I'm a sicko but I really do. About to move on to Day 2 workout today - Plyometrics. Let's see if I make it!

Other than that I had a great day yesterday. I met with my sponsor a bit before our meeting and she asked me to give my lead at the end of April at our women's meeting. Man! I'm starting to get nervous about giving my lead this Thursday. There were about 100 people at that meeting last week....yikes! I'm sure I will be fine - it's not something you can mess up. There is no right or wrong. I minored in Communications in college which was essentially a crazy ton of speech classes so surely I can handle this. Great women's meeting last night...I am so grateful to have that. A lot of towns do not have a women's meeting...I can't imagine. I've come to rely on the ladies in that group for so much and I don't know what I would do without them.

Wednesday I get to go see my best friend's baby again. So excited!!! :) Pretty much just a status quo week. I'm feeling good, I'm sober, and I'm feeling healthy. Here's to the good life!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you! And here I was happy to get in 3/4 mile on my elliptical LOL. Hang in there!

    Best of luck as well in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blogpost is oozing with ENERGY! It is absolutely lovely to read, I can see you are doing so well - you go girl! :-)

    I totally understand your nervousness regarding the lead, and you are brave to go through with it. As you say, you will be just FINE *hugs*

    ReplyDelete