Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday "Before & After"

So recently I have become obsessed with all of these awesome "before & after" pictures that I see all over Pinterest and the internet in general.  Have you seen some of these things?  People do AMAZING things with old crappy furniture.  One of my favorite blogs for inspiration is called Better After.  Go check it out - some of the stuff is unbelievable. 

Last weekend I bought an old dresser on Craigslist for our basement.  I plan to do a sweet little before & after with it.  I received my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint this week in Barcelona Orange and I can't wait to have time to do that project.  I'm hoping to get started this week!

This weekend though I did a quick project that has been on my list for awhile.  Sheridan's room is the most finished in the whole house.  I like the kids rooms to be nice so that when they are here on the weekends they are comfortable and it feels like they have their own space.  Her room is purple, turquoise and lime green.  She has been using one of our old nightstands which we bought forever ago and was definitely in need of some work.  Her headboard and chest of drawers are white and then there was this old crappy brown thing.  So this week I bought a new drawer knob and I went to work on it. 

Here is the before:
 I mean it's not HORRIBLE by any means but for a little girl's room, it needed to be...well, more girly!

So here it is once I was finished with it! 


First I sanded it down - which was my first use of a power tool on my own might I add.  I am woman hear me roar!!!  HA  Then a couple of coats of white paint, painted the drawer purple to match her room and put on a sparkly new drawer pull. 
Oh, and for a fun little surprise I lined the drawer with scrapbook paper (using Mod Podge) to match her room as well.  It turned out really cute!

So there you have it!  My first offical "before & after" project.  Pretty simple but it made such a difference in her room.  She loves it which makes me happy!  :) 

Happy weekend everyone!  Off to opening day of baseball!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, how cute is that! You completely transformed the old furniture to look new and absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete