Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter & The Azalea Path

Hey all! I haven't written in so long because well, we have been so darn busy! Which means of course, I have SO much to write about but so little time. So I'm going to try to split all of this up into several different posts. I think I'll start with Easter!

This was the best Easter I've had in a really long time - it was my first sober one! It was so nice actually enjoying every single detail of it all. I enjoyed making the Easter baskets (I think I made 7 this year by the time I did our kids and nieces and nephews!), watching the kids hunt eggs, eating the yummy food, and spending time with my family. Here are a few pics from our holiday!


The weather was perfect Friday night for a bonfire! So we grabbed our giant marshmallows and out to the backyard we all went!





Will & Sheridan hunting eggs at Aunt Tanya's house - we had the perfect weather!





My nephew Wade and Sheridan looking in the bushes for those well hidden eggs!We always have to dye eggs - I think I'll make them do this with me even when they get older - my mom still loves to do it!

That next week my mom, my Granny, and my great Aunt Jane all went to the Azalea Path in Union, Indiana. I had no idea this place even existed but it is gorgeous! It was a little chilly that morning but it was so beautiful. I would LOVE to have that in my yard...if only someone else would take care of it all for me! We also went to Smith's Greenhouse which was like heaven on earth if you like flowers. We ended up filling the back of my car by the time we left! I couldn't pass up those beautiful flowers!


I have so many more things to blog about so stay tuned! Lots of projects I've been working on, books I've read, recipes I've tried, and things going on around the Meadow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed an excellent Easter, looking at your lovely photos it certainly looks great!

    Good to hear from you April dearest, I'm staying tuned! :))

    ReplyDelete