Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let's Talk Fall

I've been ready for fall for a little while now and finally, FINALLY this past weekend I walked outside and said, "It's football weather!!!" I have been SO ready to put up fall decorations and bake yummy apple pumpkiny fall deliciousness. Now I despise Winter, but this, THIS is perfecto.

I've been obsessed recently with Pinterest. If you don't know what it is, it's basically a place where you can "pin" pictures that you find on the internet that you might like to save. You can categorize your pictures in any way that you want. Might sound silly but it's highly addictive. I found a lot of really cool decorating ideas for Fall and Christmas that I can't wait to use. I have done a couple of things already. Here is a little of the season in my house:



This is the chest in our dining room - I just changed out the pictures to fall pictures of the kids and framed a fall quote/print that I found on Pinterest.


I made this banner with cardstock and scrapbook paper - I love it!

Now for the best part of this post - the fall baking. This afternoon I made apple spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese icing. Are you dying yet? There is one thing that I HAVE to tell you before you choose to make these. Are you listening? This is important. This icing it do DIE for. I absolutely love it. I'm not afraid to admit that I literally sucked this icing out of the tip. These smell so good when they are baking and they are so freaking yummy. Go make these. Now.



No comments:

Post a Comment